Workers Compensation

Injured On The Job? Our Philosophy is to do What Is Best for Our Clients.

Injury On The Job?

Has your claim been denied or not been correctly accepted? Are you entitled to benefits you have not received? If so, contact the office of Dunn & Roy, PC to get immediate assistance from a workers compensation attorney. We work to secure the benefits our clients deserve and will fight for you.

At Dunn & Roy, PC, we support injured workers in all aspects of workers’ compensation claims. Whether your claim is new or old, open or closed, accepted or denied, we can help you navigate through the complex Oregon workers’ compensation laws to get the best result possible. We strive to ensure our clients understand the law and receive the full extent of benefits they are entitled to. Our goal is to help you...

If you have had an accident at work, Dunn & Roy, PC can help you get the full benefits and compensation you deserve. Call our office today to schedule an appointment with one of our Attorneys.

Who is Entitled to Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Oregon?

It is a fact of life that people get injured at work. Sometimes injuries happen quickly and unexpectedly, like a slip in the bathroom or a crash of a delivery truck; other injuries take years to develop from the continuous strain of carrying heavy loads or other intense activities. Whatever the case may be, Oregon law requires most employers to carry insurance to benefit workers who are injured on the job.

It is important to know that there is no fault to prove or disprove in the workers' compensation laws. It does not matter if you are at fault or your employer is at fault or if any third party is at fault: for the purposes of receiving workers' compensation benefits. All that matters is whether your injury is work-related. However, if a third-party is at fault (someone not from your company) then you may have a law suit against that third party as well.

Oregon law states that "Subject workers" are entitled to workers compensation benefits in Oregon. The vast majority of workers in Oregon are “subject workers.” Being a subject worker implies that you are employed by a company or individual for a salary or hourly wages. It does not matter how long you have worked at your job. Independent contractors are not subject workers. However, in some instances a worker may have been improperly categorized as an independent contractor by the employer. In these cases, the worker is entitled to benefits under Oregon’s workers’ compensation laws.

When Do I file an Oregon Workers’ Compensation Claim?

A workers’ compensation claim should be filed as soon as possible after a workplace injury or death. Workers who have developed a disease (as opposed to an acute injury) should file a claim as soon as they have reason to believe the disease is related to their employment. Common "occupational diseases" include hearing loss and carpal tunnel syndrome. Stress and mental disorders are also considered occupational diseases. A worker usually learns his or her disease is work-related after being informed by their physician. If you are concerned you may have developed an occupational disease, seek the counsel of your physician or a workers’ compensation attorney.

How do I file a workers’ compensation claim in Oregon?

Filing a workers' compensation claim is a straightforward process. Many hospitals and doctor's offices are familiar with work-related injuries and have the forms on hand. You can also read below and follow the links to download the forms that you need, or you can request them from your employer.

In Oregon, a workers’ compensation claim should be filed with either an 801 Form or an 827 Form. An 801 Form is usually completed by the worker and the employer. An 827 Form is usually completed by both the worker and the worker's physician. Both forms require the worker’s signature in order to constitute a legal claim under Oregon law. 801 and 827 Forms can be found at the bottom of this page. Your employer, physician, or an Oregon workers’ compensation attorney can also help you obtain these forms. If you have any questions about which forms to file, do not hesitate to give us a call at 503-364-8488 or 1-800-523-3621.